Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Tres Magueyes - 9605 Chapel Hill Rd, Morrisville

Today I had a craving for Mexican and a last minute choice led us to Tres Magueyes. I've eaten there a few times but have yet to figure out what a Maguey is. All I can think of is Gizmo from Gremlins but I'm pretty sure it's one of those plant things on the sign. There are tres of them.

So, I decided to go wild for lunch and try something new. I had a hankering for something fried so I tried a chicken chimichanga. I thought we could rock out with the standard chips and salsa on the table but the salsa seemed to be really off that day. Or maybe it's just always bad but it tasted like straight up tomato sauce. There were some green flecks in there but I sure couldn't taste them. So I resorted to my fail-safe: queso dip. It was mmm-mmm good.

The chimichanga was pretty boring. It was served with guacamole and sour cream so I buried it with both. No vegetables were on my plate to eat with it. Even the beans were pretty flavorless. So I stuck with my trusty queso dip and called it a day.

I reminded myself that I was excited when my office moved locations and was now closer to my favorite Mexican Restaurant, Torero's. I'm not sure why my last minute decision took us to a new place but I think I'll boycott in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment