Thursday, June 18, 2009

Capitol City Chop House, 151 Airgate Drive, Morrisville

See here? I do eat at places other than Mexican restaurants. I decided to go the healthy route and ordered the Santa Fe Salad with Blackened Chicken ($10). It was pretty tasty but the salad prep station dropped the ball on this salad. I had Roma tomatoes cut in half and a whole jalapeno. In addition to the cucumber and chicken, I had to chop my own salad. I ordered it without crispy tortillas but I missed the sour cream and got a whopping glob in the middle of my salad. Not too hard to remove though.

One guy in my party had a complaint though. The Capitol City CHOP House did not have a Pork Chop on the lunch menu. Lucky for him, they were more than happy to let him order off the dinner menu. Our vegetarian party member had a tough time of it though and ended up with a Caesar salad (does he know the dressing is made with anchovy paste?), vegetable medley and french fries.

I couldn't resist ordering dessert though. It had been one of those days. So the waiter quickly gave us our options: "chocolate cake, creme brulee, cheesecake, key lime pie, bananas foster." So I opted for the chocolate cake. The server forgot to mention it's REAL name:


Mile High Chocolate Suicide Cake served with homemade Chocolate Pecan Ice Cream Truffle ($11)

The service was ok. The waiter was a little snobby but he warmed up by the end.
Speed: The waitstaff seemed slow to respond to mundane requests like straws and bread. However, they were nicely staffed for our party of 7 with one waiter and 2 runners.
Price: $7-$14/plate (lunch), $19-$49 (dinner)
Hours: Monday - Friday 11:30 am - 10 pm, Saturday: 4:30 pm - 10 pm
Overall Score: 3/5

No comments:

Post a Comment